Davis Granite Policies
1. HIV/AIDS & WELLNESS POLICY
Our policy influences our activities and decisions with regards to issues related to HIV/AIDS & Wellness. We commit ourselves to the following:
- Someone’s HIV status will not be considered during recruitment and will not be a factor in career development opportunities within the company.
- Testing for HIV and non-communicable diseases(NCDs) shall be voluntary and done in total confidentiality
- Provide up to date information and relevant training on HIV/AIDS & NCDs to our workers.
2. WELLNESS COMMITTEE
We have a wellness committee in place that is responsible for ensuring that all HIV/AIDS and Wellness programs are run smoothly making sure that the HIV/AIDS & Wellness aims and objectives are achieved.
3. PEER EDUCATORS
We have 15 trained peer educators whose roles and responsibilities include:
- Educating peers on HIV/AIDS, NCDs STIs and related issues
- Promoting and Distributing Condoms
- Distributing Educational materials
- Participating in HIV outreach awareness programs e.g. Annual Sports Gala
- HIV/AIDS & Wellness Campaigns through sport
- HIV/AIDS & Wellness workshops done by NAC
- HIV Testing Sessions
- Family Planning Services, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision, Cancer Screening, Body Mass Index Testing etc.
- Behaviour change awareness workshops
- Meetings (internal & external)
DAVIS GRANITE (PVT) LTD/PREMIER STONECRUSHERS (PVT) LTD SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL (SHE) POLICY STATEMENT
- Identify and manage SHE hazards, and other risks associated with its operations.
- Prevent injuries, ill-health, and environmental pollution from its operations.
- Meet statutory Safety, Health and Environmental requirements and other obligations relating to its hazards and environmental aspects.
- Identifying SHE hazards, assessing risks and implementing effective controls to prevent and mitigate possible consequences.
- Implementation and continual improvement of the Occupational, Health and Environmental Management and Performance
- Setting and periodically reviewing SHE objectives and targets and communicating progress
- Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) training, promotion, and awareness campaigns
- Incident prevention, reporting, recording, investigation and taking corrective action.
- Provision of personal protective equipment in areas where hazards or risks cannot be eliminated.